Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Review: YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat liquid Foundation



I had been looking forward to this foundation since I first heard about it ages ago - being a Touche Eclat Pen fan for as long as I can remember, hearing about its foundation version is super exciting. 

What YSL has to say about this foundation:

"Harnessing the brand’s signature flaw-fixing technology, Le Teint Touche Éclat is packed with light-reflecting pigments to diffuse dark shadows.

An instant illuminator, the weightless fluid glides onto skin to provide medium, buildable coverage, although if you’re blighted by blemishes or dark spots, you might have to follow up with a concealer to fully disguise flaws.

Void of the foundation faux-pas placed in other products, instead of opaque powders and mother-of-pearl extract – usually used to mattify skin and boost luminosity respectively – the brand has laced Le Teint Touche Éclat which golden pigments and a soft focus gel designed to smooth skin."

This foundation is priced at £28 - which is cheaper than all their other foundations, and comes with a pump dispenser.  The pump alone makes me happy as I've never been a fan of their brushes that comes attached to their other foundations.

I was lucky enough to get a weeks sample from Debenhams having been colour corrected by the assistant their to be BD50 - this matched me perfectly as I'm between NC25 and NC30 at the moment.  Although as mentioned in the video I would have loved to love this foundation, to me its only ok.  It is described as a medium coverage that is buildable but I found it more to be a light coverage and building too much leads to oiliness and caking.  The lasting power is around 3 hours...pushing it maybe 4 hours but I was very sleek looking by then, and blotting using blotting sheets, I noticed it transfered really easy. 
PROS include when freshly applied, I looked amazing, really natural, fresh and glowing - I really liked how it made me look.  It feels really light like water when applying and has a nice cucumber scent simialr to the Clarins foundations scent.  I would definately wear this when I'm not out for a full day as its really natural, but I unfortuately can't recommend it to someone who needs it on for a full working day unless they are willing to reapply. 

I doubt it's suitable for anyone with really oily skin as I have combination/oily and I found that with my skin type my oils came through easily come the 3 hour mark, even after using primer and powder.  But will look amazing on someone with normal/dry skin.

Like I said, it looks amazing when I freshly apply it and loves how it makes me look but because of the lasting power, I'm debating whether its worth buying the full size foundation as I will only be able to wear it for a few hours unless I want to take it with me to reapply!

What I forgot to mention in the video/Update:

Also important to know, is that this foundation does oxidise/gradually get slightly darker - bareing in mind I have oily/combo skin and this may be the cause of it, but I saw a noticable difference in shade during the day, so you may want to sample a lighter colour for a better match!
I also managed to try this foundation out using a Fixing spray (both Skindanavia & Collection 2000), and I found that although it did make the foundation stay put, I still looked super oily at the end of a not so long day - again just wanted to get this information out so you can make a more informed choice on whether this foundation is for you!


Le Teint Touche Éclat is available in 22 shades and launches exclusively at Selfridges and Brown Thomas on June 28 before hitting beauty counters nationwide on July 9.

Let me know what you think and whether you think it's worth me buying!

No comments:

Post a Comment